On Friday, September 7th, we ran a special promotion on Amazon, in which I offered free downloads of my book.
My parents and many others thought I was out of my mind.
You’ve drained most of your life savings to write your book, get it published, and begin robcares, they all said, nearly in unison. Why would you give it away? Don’t you need to make money?
The answer is, of course, “yes.” But that’s not why I wrote the book and began robcares!
I recall what it was like when I first became a caregiver. I felt lost, frightened and alone.
I made a vow that I did not want anyone to ever go through what I did! There are 65 million of us out there, and the population of caregivers, especially those caring for their aging parents, is growing exponentially.
I want to help them…and everyone else that cares for a loved one at home.
SO…I decided that in order to reach more people in need, many who couldn’t afford to buy a book, I would give them away for free.
Gratefully, so many of you responded. In fact, 4,271 digitally downloaded We’re In This Together: A Caregiver’s Story during the 24-hour giveaway.
What does that mean?
It means we touched 4,000+ hearts and minds that we had not reached the day before.
Nothing gives me more pleasure.
But this is just the beginning. To all of you that downloaded our book, THANK YOU! However, I need to ask you a few big favors…so here they come:
- Once you read the book (and if you found it helpful for you or for others), please log onto Amazon.com, key in the name of my book (or follow the Amazon link above), and write a review as to why you felt the book was valuable or important to you. The more people that read your review, the more it will influence them to buy it.
- Please share your copy of my book with others in need…including friends, family, colleagues, and even members of the medical community. (Some have difficulty communicating or understanding caregivers; this book will help them!) Our mission is to spread the word that help is out there.
- If you know of organizations that cater to patients and caregivers, please suggest they purchase a copy to read and share.
- I would love nothing more than to get out and speak in front of organizations and groups of people, shake their hands, and perhaps sign a few books for them. If you know of any speaking opportunities, please contact me directly at Rob@robcares.com.
- Tell people about our website, www.robcares.com. We offer a weekly blog, radio and media interviews, resources, recommendations, and so much more. In the future, we will be including podcasts, webinars, and many more valuable features for caregivers, care recipients, and all those that interact with both.
- Join our Facebook fan page and follow us on Twitter. We offer valuable content each and every day. On Facebook, I start each morning off with a caregiver tip, every single day of the year! I also correspond with all those that ask questions, seek personal advice, or just want to get to know me. Through social media, I have made some wonderful, lifelong friends and colleagues. I would love to add others to that group!
- My last request is personal in nature…Please commit an occasional Random Act of Kindness. You will not only make someone else’s day special, but your day as well. There is no better feeling in the world, I promise you!!!
As those of you that follow robcares know, we have two critical messages we share:
- Caregivers are the silent heroes.
- ESD: Every Stinkin’ Day live each day as if it’s your last, which translates to: Have fun and find a reason to laugh – no matter what your personal set of circumstances may be. We even did this the day after my wife died – and through the grace of God, returned to me so I could enjoy many more years with her as the love of my life. What did we do? We found a reason to laugh and have fun, even though we had just gone through a devastating experience.
We are in this together. Our mission is to help anyone and everyone in need.
I would be grateful if you could assist us in reaching our goal.
What is our goal?
We touched the lives of over 4,000 people on Friday, Sept. 7th. Now, we have only 64,996,000 to go!
Have an ESD, everyone!!!
All the best,